How to Enter
All competitors need a World Anvil account
(don’t worry, it’s free!) to get started. Once you’ve logged in and created your first world, you’re ready to enter the competition!
Write your entry using the Geography
template on World Anvil.
When ready to submit, make sure that your article is not a draft
(i.e. published) and public
(not private). Then click the button on the right-hand side of the edit interface to submit it to the challenge!
The experts at Kobold Press will be choosing from a shortlist of the top 10 entries.
The winner will be announced by the World Anvil Team on Saturday June 25th on the World Anvil Community Livestream
Entries will be judged on a number of criteria, including originality, presentation, and thoroughness.
For more information on how the judging process works, check out this blog post.
|May 1st - May 28th
||Competition is opened and closed (both on livestream)!
|May 28th - June 3rd
||Sharing period, give feedback, make minor edits.
|June 4th - June 25th
||Adjudication and Judging
||Winner Announcement Date!
- Articles must be submitted before the closing time to be eligible (please note the competition will close during the World Anvil livestream)
- Only one article may be submitted per person (this does not mean one article per world, in cases where multiple authors work on a single world).
- Articles will have a 5 day-long period after the deadline to make small edits, share, and get feedback from the community. This period will end when the shortlist is compiled.
- Articles can be no longer than 2500 words in length! They must be new worldbuilding articles created during the writing challenge period.
- Word Count will be counted by copying all words present in the article's body and sidebar into a word counter. Timelines will also be added in the word counter. BBCode does not impact word count. Linked articles do not impact word count, and will also not be considered during adjudication.
- As always, World Anvil claims no ownership over your original work.
For any further questions or clarifications about this challenge, message the Community Team (@Community Team) on the World Anvil Discord or the World Anvil Facebook Group!
Social media sharing
Because community likes are an important metric in the competition, competitors may wish to share their entries on social media to garner more interest from the community.
Posts tagged with #RiversChallenge which mention @WorldAnvil may be shared by World Anvil's official social media accounts!
There are two leagues that will be independently judged, the Regular and the Premier League. The Premier League consists of all the authors who have previously won a World Anvil competition.
Winning a competition in the Regular league will promote you to the Premier League for future challenges.
Looking for inspiration or seeking some ideas?
Make sure to stop by the World Anvil Discord
, our Facebook Group
for worldbuilding conversation and inspiration!